An important part of overall health, sleep wellness can have a far-reaching impact on your well-being and quality of life. Dental sleep medicine focuses on the use of oral appliance therapy to treat sleep-disordered breathing, including snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Using the BlueSleep™ Dental Program, Dr. Caunitz and Board Certified Sleep specialists work together to diagnose and treat patients with OSA and other breathing disorders.
Dr. Caunitz will be able to monitor a patient’s sleep patterns using a specialized home testing device that can monitor your breathing and any possible respiratory events while sleeping.
What to Expect During a Home Sleep Test:
- You will pick up the home sleep test from our office and we will review the instructions with you.
- Following the instructions provided, you will wear the easy to use testing device while you sleep that evening.
- You will return the sleep monitor to our office the following day, where we will download the assessment information for evaluation.
- We will then schedule a teleconference with a Board certified Sleep Specialist and the patient. This video conference (very similar to using Skype® or FaceTime® ) is very easy and can be done from the patient’s home or from our office if you prefer.
- During the teleconference, the Sleep Specialist will review the results and provide you with a diagnosis and treatment plan for any sleep issues that may have been identified.
For more information, please click on the link below:
Learn More about BlueSleep™
Oral Appliance Therapy
Dr. Caunitz offers customized oral appliance therapy to treat snoring and sometimes for the more serious condition known as sleep apnea. If it is decided that an oral appliance would help improve your sleep wellness, we can create an oral appliance, much like a small sports mouth guard, that fits snugly over your upper and lower teeth. It is a precision-made, custom fit, and clinically tested device that will improve sleep quality, increase daytime energy and improve mental and physical performance. Our sleep appliances are comfortable, effective and a great value that will allow you to have more restful nights and more productive days!